My ONE Thought
We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:5
1. I Am Not Good Enough — Replace with: Your value begins with the fact that you were created by God.
So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. Genesis 1:27
2. I Can’t Do It — Replace with: I can do it with His help.
For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Phil 4:13
3. I’m Not as Lucky as Other People — Replace with: I’m more blessed than I realize.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 139:14
4. I Don’t Think I’ll Ever… — Replace with: I know God has a plan for my life.
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11 NIV
5. I Should Be Better Than I Am — Replace with: I know God is not done with me yet.
He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end. Ecclesiastes 3:11 NIV
6. I Am Not Strong Enough — Replace with: God will gives me what I need to do what He’s called me to do.
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9 NIV
7. Nobody Cares — Replace with: I’m loved by God and created for community.
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7 NIV
8. I Am Not Smart Enough — Replace with: All I have to do is ask for wisdom and He will give it.
“If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.” James 1:5 NIV
9. If I Don’t Do Well, I’m a Failure — Replace with: God is near and He will pick me up if I fall.
The righteous may fall seven times but still get up, but the wicked will stumble into trouble. Proverbs 24:16
10. Bad Things Will Happen — Replace with: Jesus promised to be with us in whatever we face.
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Deuteronomy 31:6 NIV
ONE SMALL STEP
Those famous words, "One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind," came at the end of millions of small steps that led us to the moon. We all have a giant leap in mind for 2022, but it all begins with "One Small Step."
Service Times: Sat. 6pm & Sun. 9:30 & 11am both in-person and online.