Guidelines & process
In the interest of helping others, we do have a “financial need fund”. God’s people have lovingly donated money to this fund, and we view it as God’s money, not ours. Therefore, it is not to be given away unwisely, but with prayer and loving discernment.
Here are some important principles that are essential for you to understand. These polices are intended to be a responsible way for us to discern needs and use God’s money wisely.
We may help you, and this is how we do it.
- The main reason we exist is to encourage you to walk with God.
- We will treat you with dignity and respect. Therefore, abuse or aggressive language or actions will not be tolerated.
- We will not give cash.
- We do not say “yes” without prayerful evaluation, that also includes asking you to fill out a request form and giving us permission to verify the information that have stated. The process takes at least 48 hours and in some cases, up to a week. We involve theChapel Board in assessing the use of the church’s money.
- Our intention is to help with what we deem as needs not wants and desires. That means we don’t pay bills we deem unnecessary.
- We will ask for you to take primary responsibility for your needs, and then turn to your family, BEFORE we involve the church funds.
- God has placed theChapel is THIS community. There are churches in other communities who minister to those in their area.
- Photo ID will be required to process your request.
We don’t want to see you continue in a bad financial situation. Therefore, we want to know:
- Other agencies and help programs from which you have sought help
- Your job and family situation
- How you met this need last month and how you plan to meet it next month
If you wish to continue with this process please:
- Sign below to indicate that you accept the polices stated above.
- Fill out the Financial Need Request Form.
- Sign the Release of Information Form.
We will begin seeking ways to help you meet your needs.