I remember when I made this decision, it seemed so foreign that something this important could be so simple … It seemed too easy, and I wanted to make it more complex! However, I found that the beauty of the relationship that Jesus wants to have with us is found in simplicity. We’ve put together this page to help you as you are starting out in your relationship with Jesus.
This is not a checklist to complete to earn His favor, but tools that you can use to create new habits to help you grow closer to Him:
- Read the Bible. An easy way to start is to download the Bible app (download links available below), and start reading in the book of John. This book will reveal more of who Jesus really is. Then, begin to read the three other Gospels: Matthew, Mark, and Luke. I personally love the book of Matthew, as it contains many of the stories of Jesus’ life!
- Pray. Prayer is simply a conversation with God. Just start by thanking God. Let Him know you are grateful for your life, family, friends, and the opportunities He has provided. Then, talk to Him about where you need His strength in your life. Maybe you need extra strength to handle a relationship in your life, to manage your job, or to heal your marriage. Whatever your situation, learn how to put it in His hands through prayer.
- Attend church. Whether you attend church in-person, or are part of our online church family for the time being due to being at high risk for COVID-19 complications, create the habit of attending church every week. This will help you to Know God, as your relationship with Him grows.
- Join a Connect Group. God never wanted us to go through life alone. At theChapel, we help you connect with others through Connect Groups. We offer all kinds of groups, whether you attend in-person or online…its all about community. The Bible is specific about how we grow in our relationship with Christ and one of the main ways we do that is with people that are on the same journey as we are.
At theChapel, we help you to do four things to grow in your relationship with God:
- Know God -- Through our weekend services, we help you to learn who God is, how He has designed us to live, and what His Word says about who we are.
- Find Freedom -- We all have things in our past that have kept us from moving forward in our God-given purpose. In community with other believers in a Connect Group, we learn how to live in the Truth of who God is and who we are.
- Discover Your Purpose -- When God created you, He intentionally designed you with a unique set of gifts and talents. Through Growth Track, we help you discover your unique wiring and use your talents & gifts to Move the Kingdom Forward by joining the Go Team.
- Make a Difference -- We were created to make a difference in the lives of those around us, to bring the hope of Jesus into our communities. At theChapel, we provide opportunities for you to use your talents to meet the needs of those in our community in the name of Jesus. Download the SERVE App today to see the upcoming projects in your area!
If you have any questions, please email us at info@theChapel.cc, and our team would be happy to help you!
Congratulations on making the BEST decision of your life! We are so excited to be a part of what God is going to do in your life.
Pastor Mark Q
Lead Pastor at theChapel
You have taken the first step in this journey! Growth Track helps you take your next steps, from understanding what it means to be part of theChapel to discovering how God has designed you!
God never wanted us to go through life alone. At theChapel, we help you connect with others through Connect Groups. We offer all kinds of groups, whether you attend in-person or online…its all about community. The Bible is specific about how we grow in our relationship with Christ and one of the main ways we do that is with people that are on the same journey as we are.
No matter how frustrating, confusing, or scary this crisis gets, fear doesn’t have the final say. 1 John 4:18 says, “There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear.” Our hope is built on the perfect love of Jesus Christ, and we’re called to share that love with the world. That’s exactly what we’ll be doing in the coming weeks and months as more and more people in our community are in need.